We’re looking for an Associate Director to join our growing organic search/SEO team. The ideal candidate has 5-10 years of experience leading organic search strategies for brands in an agency or enterprise environment. Candidates should have demonstrated excellence in synthesizing impactful, actionable content strategies grounded in a deep understanding of digital data.
The primary role of the Associate Director will provide process leadership and oversight for the SEO team, defining search strategies for clients, managing ongoing program activities, and driving performance as a leader within our organic search department. Additionally, the Associate Director will play a large role in inspiring, leading, and coaching all members of the larger SEO team. The Associate Director will also be responsible for leading organic or “earned” media programs for a subset of Path Interactive's key clients and assisting in the day-to-day management of digital marketing campaigns to ensure performance and profitability.
- Help SEO teams translate client objectives into effective, impactful organic search marketing strategies.
- Consulting and analysis (for clients and staff) around all aspects of SEO, including competitive research, technical SEO, web presence optimization, site structure, link acquisition strategies, measurement and performance, and content strategy.
- Foster an intellectually challenging staff culture, working with team members to hone basic, intermediate and advanced SEO knowledge; support training curriculum development and advancement.
- Facilitate weekly team meetings for developing internal team communications and advancing team-wide learnings with industry best practices; effectively support team recognition and collaboration.
- Support effective resource management with procurement, hiring, evaluations, and account assignments; analyze resource time and profitability.
- Oversee, advise or assist in management of key accounts by building client relationships and managing project delivery as needed to ensure client retention and/or expansion.
- Provide guidance through strategic and tactical input to team members for successful execution of SEO campaigns.
- Contribute to organic search and social media thought leadership, innovation, process improvement initiatives for the agency and its clients.
- Contribute to corporate initiatives, automation projects, process changes, and roll-outs; develop tools to improve efficiencies and advance the company's SEO practice.
- 6+ years or more of experience leading impactful SEO/organic search programs, preferably in an agency setting
- Strong understanding of a wide range of marketing practices, and ability to translate SEO for marketers of all experience levels
- Proven team leadership and management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and positive attitudes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to speak and write persuasively in marketing and interpersonal contexts
- Impeccable project management and organization skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel
- Strong knowledge of standard and enterprise SEO tools, including Conductor Searchlight, Google Analytics, AdWords Keyword Planner, and Google Webmaster Tools
- Experience using key industry search tools and platforms (Conductor Searchlight, Botify, DeepCrawl, SEMRush, Moz, Ahrefs, etc.)
- Ability to think strategically and drive growth for both our clients and the company
- Bachelors or advanced degree in marketing, advertising, communications, business, or a related area
Why Work at Path Interactive?
- Amazing teammates; we hire exceptional talent based on our core values and collective culture.
- Ability to make an impact as part of a 50-person agency with small teams.
- Flexible work schedules, summer Fridays, and unlimited paid vacation time.
- Competitive salary and great benefits, including employer matched 401-K and HSA programs.
- Paid parental leave, wellness events, weekly fitness classes, fun events and more!
Common Qualities of Our Successful Teammates:
Hard work ethic
Process- and deadline-driven
Problem solver/solution seeker
Ability to learn
Is enthusiastic/takes pride in work
Fun and outgoing
Path Interactive is a leading digital + search marketing agency providing results-oriented solutions for national, regional & local business clients. We were named Advertising Age's #3 Best Place to Work in 2016, and a top-ranking Crain's Best Place to Work in NYC for the third year in a row. Located in the Flatiron district of New York City, our team of highly skilled marketers knows how to work hard and play hard. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are looking for someone who is eager, inquisitive, and wants the opportunity to grow with an amazing company.