We’re looking for a Strategist to join our growing organic search/SEO team. The ideal candidate has 5-10 years of experience leading organic search strategies for brands in an agency environment. Candidates should be both “right-brained” (creative, outside-the-box thinker) and “left-brained” (analytical, strong critical thinker), and able to synthesize impactful, actionable content strategies grounded in a deep understanding of digital data.
The Strategist will be responsible for leading organic or “earned” media programs for a subset of Path Interactive's clients, with primary emphasis on SEO, content marketing, and data analysis. The candidate will be responsible for defining search strategies for clients, managing ongoing program activities, and driving performance as a leader within our organic search department.
- Translate client objectives into effective search marketing strategies
- Define measurable acquisition-based keyword and content strategies for Path Interactive’s SEO & social media clients
- Provide advanced analysis and recommendations to support effective site accessibility and indexation (technical SEO expertise)
- Deliver detailed and analytical site performance reporting insights and organic online marketing recommendations
- Consulting and analysis around all aspects of SEO, including competitive research, technical SEO, web presence optimization, site structure, link acquisition strategies, measurement and performance, and content strategy
- Act as primary client contact, providing education for clients around SEO strategies, tactics, deliverables, and performance
- Lead (and inspire) a team of 1-3 members in the execution of client organic search and social media programs
- Stay up to date on current SEO industry trends and technologies, and communicate these trends to clients and the Path Interactive team
- Bachelors or advanced degree in marketing, advertising, communications, business, or a related area
- Strong understanding of foundational marketing principles, and ability to translate SEO for marketers of all experience levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Impeccable project management and organization skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel
- Advanced understanding and experienced user of Google Analytics and AdWords Keyword Planner
- Experience using key industry search tools and platforms (Conductor Searchlight, SEMRush, Moz, Ahrefs, etc.)
- 5-10 years or more of experience leading impactful SEO/organic search programs, preferably in an agency setting
Path Interactive is a leading digital + search marketing agency providing results-oriented solutions for national, regional & local business clients. We were named Advertising Age's #3 Best Place to Work in 2016, and Crain's #5 Best Place to Work in NYC for the second year in a row. Located in the Flatiron district of New York City, our team of highly skilled marketers knows how to work hard and play hard. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are looking for someone who is eager, loves to learn and wants the opportunity to grow with an amazing company.